Wasteland Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Legend!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Connoly
Champion
Champion
Connoly

The Legend! Empty
PostSubject: The Legend!   The Legend! EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:40 am

"Shut Me Up" by Mindless Self Indulgence erupts over the arena speakers. After a few moments a man walks out onto the stage, he is wearing a green plaid kilt, black t-shirt, and a long black leather coat. He has red hair with strands of grey throughout, he has large chop style sideburns, the parts of his skin that are exposed are all covered with scars and wounds. He pauses on the top of the ramp, a confident smirk on his face as he scans the crowd. He walks down the ramp and the slides into the ring. He settles in the center of the ring, stretches his arms out to his side, and leans his head back as the crowd erupts into a mix of cheers and boos. After a few moments he walks over to the ropes and grabs a mic from a stagehand.
-
Man: "Well, it would seem some of you know who I am, for the rest of you inbreed morons who just started watching wrestling yesterday, the name is Connoly. I am a legend in this business, one of the greatest to ever lace up his boots and step in the ring. I have wrestled in federations all over the world, and have won more championships than most of you will even see in a lifetime. I have competed in some of the most brutal matches anyone has ever seen, and my body is covered with scars and wounds to prove it as well. I have spilled gallons of blood, I have broken bones, and torn muscles, I've put this body through hell and back. Yet, after all of this I still stand here in this ring, still the best there is in this business!"
-
Connoly starts to pace the ring.
-
Connoly: "The amount of damage I've put my body through is nothing compared to the damage I've inflicted on others. I have made men pass out from pain, I have broken their bones, shredded their muscles, knocked out there teeth, crushed their skulls, I have ENDED CAREERS! It will be no different here, I have destroyed men with more talent in their pinky than all of the punks back in that locker room. When I started in this business, you had to pay your dues, you had to earn your spot, you had to fight every day to earn respect. I have been in the ring with some of the baddest, toughest competitors ever to step int the squared circle. There was a time that the men that stepped in this ring where just as tough outside it, they could clean house in a bar fight, and still put on a hell of a show in the ring. Now we are stuck with a bunch of pretty boys with spray on tans that think just because they go to the gym they can be a wrestler."
-
"Well, the times may have changed, but I haven't, and I didn't spend my life in this ring just so a bunch of pretty boys can destroy it. I'm here to show you what a real wrestler looks like, what a legend looks like. I'm going to make it my goal to show every joke in that locker room what a real match is, when they look up at me, as they are laying on the mat, bleeding and broken, they'll know what wrestling really is. If they are lucky enough to walk out of this ring, they'll never come back. You are all looking at the best there is, and I will be this federations first, and only, World Champion!"

-
Connoly drops his mic to the mat and throws his arms out to his side again as the arena erupts in boos. Connoly just smiles as he leans his head back and basks in the sound.
Back to top Go down

The Legend!
Page 1 of 1