Wasteland Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting Legal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blake Hamilton
Advisor
Advisor
Blake Hamilton

Getting Legal Empty
PostSubject: Getting Legal   Getting Legal EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:36 pm

The Wasteland cameras are inside of a bar in a nice little college town. It's early in the day and it is mostly empty except for a dozen people sitting around tables in the corner. In front of each of them is a giant stack of paper.

The bartender comes over to the table with a round of drinks. He tries to clear off the empty beer glasses off the table, but the quantity of glasses quickly causes him to give up and leave them all there to pick up later.

Tad: I don't know bro. This contract is pretty tight.You're basically fired bro.

Josh: Yeah, this thing really grants this D-Maniac guy rights to do whatever he wants to you in regards to firing.

One head rises up from the pages and looks everyone in the eyes.

Blake Hamilton: Guys. I know you always made fun of me about this but its my dream. You guys got to live out your dream. Everyone from the frat went on to be successful at what they wanted to do. You are telling me at a table of bros who passed the BAR can't find a loophole in a contract written by a wrestler? You have got to be kidding me.

Bryan: Yo. It's not our fault you didn't read it. You got too excited and just signed whatever was given to you.

Blake: Sounds familiar. How are tings going with Monica.

Bryan: Not cool bro. She got half my money and I'm still paying alimony.

Blake: I'm not trying to be a jerk, but when we want something sometimes we just go with it. Now get back into it. There has got to be something in here.

Tad: Just give up man. Your dad's right. Just go work for him and you'll be set for life.

Josh: Is it really worth it man? You have had more injuries in the last few months than we had while drinking over our four years as undergrads.

Tad: And that's saying something.

Blake: I know. I'm busted up pretty good right now, but I don't think you guys understand how much I love wrestling. It is all that I have wanted to do. I was doing a great job. I was n the road to being a Wasteland legend, and out of nowhere I can't wrestle anymore?

Bryan: Why don't you go anywhere else/

Blake: Page 128.

Bryan sits silently reading for a few seconds.

Bryan: That is the most insane non-compete clause I have ever seen. You reall have to read stuff.

Blake: Yeah. While I'm at it I'll just go home and read Apple's terms and conditions too. No one has the time for that.

Josh is sitting silently staring at the contract.

Blake: Well, looks like we'll be here for a while. Anyone want to pitch in for another round?

Tad: Well, look at mister moneybags playing fast and loose with other people's money.

Blake: Do I really have to go through the whole story again or can we just drink?

Josh: Blake, I might have found something.

Blake walks over to Josh tripping a bit on the way.

Blake reads over his shoulder and a smile slowly creeps onto his face.

Blake: Oh, D-Maniac. Your planning worked pretty well. To bad you didn't check to make sure that all of your plans didn't contradict one another.

Blake grabs the contract and pats Josh on the back.

Blake: Ok, now who is driving me to the arena? My car was impounded because I couldn't pay parking tickets.

Josh grabs his keys.

Josh: You owe me man.

Josh and Blake leave the bar.

Tad: Well, that's finally over. Next round is on me.
Back to top Go down
Reverend Chaos
Reverend Chaos

Getting Legal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Legal   Getting Legal EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Blake, I am loving the way this is going! The desperation to get back into the company, the rift between your dad and yourself, this is all going along perfectly. I am hoping this leads to a really great ending.
Back to top Go down

Getting Legal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wasteland Wrestling :: The Wasteland :: Roleplays (Past Seasons)-
Jump to: